Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2006

This is random. You have been warned.

While driving around after watching PotC 2, I decided that it would be a good idea for us to become modern pirates. Now, I know that there actually are pirates out there cruising around the open waters, ambushing people and taking their shit. That's not how we're going to work. We're going to be highway pirates. See, I noticed that the UPS truck drivers always drive with the doors open on their goofy brown trucks. Now, think about it- they've got all kinds of expensive shit in there, right? And the door is wide open, just waiting for you to drive up beside him, throw over a boarding rope, and hijack his truck. What's he going to do? Nothing. That's what. So, we decided that we're going to start our own pirating group, and every truck we hijack will make our fleet of piratey goodness bigger.
    I even did a mock-up of what our pirate trucks could look like (except that I didn't have room to add the flag).

You're welcome to join us. =D
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2006

That... is... absolutely... brilliant.
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2006

I know, right? Why hasn't anyone else thought of this?
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2006

Dude, didn't you people see The Fast & The Furious? This is a doomed idea. If Vin Diesel can't get it to work, I doubt we can.

What, you've never seen it? I'm the only one? Well, I guess I can't blame you (it sucks, obviously).

But the truck is brilliant. Is that an actual toy truck that you used? I'm so used to photoshopped stuff these days that a real mockup was surprising:P

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorSamael

I'm so used to photoshopped stuff these days that a real mockup was surprising:P

Heh. I hate to break it to you, tallman, but that's photoshopped. I know, it's hard to believe, with my leet skilz or whatever, but, yeah, it was just a picture of a toy UPS truck I found online, and then photoshopped a little bit. =)

And, no, I've never seen FatF. They try to become pirates? Damn. I thought they just raced around a lot being, you know, fast. Oh, and furious.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman

Huh, it looked like real crayon, but now that you mention it... it's a little more obvious...

FatF is about an undercover cop who is trying to find "precision drivers" who have been hijacking various trucks, etc... Their method of hijacking is essentially to get 4 cars (pimped out, naturally) and box in the truck, while one person with a grapling hook shoots at the truck, climbs across and throws the driver out. Or something like that. It's an awful movie, don't watch it.
    • CommentAuthorSamael

See, we call ourselves pirates, but I think our method would be more like "wait until UPS driver stops the truck and gets out. Jump in. Take truck."

I guess that wouldn't really be piracy, so much as it would be grand theft auto. Oh well. So much for that idea, right?