Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2006

Grand Rapids was... interesting. Hien is, on occasion, a little bit flighty- she's a girl who has *way* too much pressure on her, and a lot of it is self imposed. At any rate, this means that she frequently ends up having to back out of casual plans, because family or work things come up. That's okay, though, it's something that you just learn to expect when you're Hien's friend, I think. Anyway, her sister had a *beautiful* baby girl.
    I know- you're rolling your eyes right now. Everyone always says that babies are beautiful, but they never are.
    It's true- babies are usually kind of ugly right after they're born. They tend to be funny colors and sort of smooshed looking, but this baby was just adorable. Also, full head of beautiful black hair. Crazy.

Anyway, I ate at Pizzeria Uno for the first time- damn good pizza.

Also, watched Clerks II on Saturday. What a riot! Definitely one of his funnier movies, I think. Dante and Randall have been two of my favorite characters since the Clerks animated series, and this was great. The shift in tone right at the end, in the prison, was a little unexpected, but everything worked out how you would expect, which was fine. Also, the A2M conversation was kind of milked dry long before it actually ended, but, other than that, it was pretty funny. I loved the scene where he insults the geek so hard he pukes. Heh. Oh, and the conversation about racist terms? Comedy gold. "I'm taking it back." HA!
    And I'm totally not above admitting that I like watching her dance.

Anyway, over-all, the weekend was fine, but I left feeling a little annoyed that Hien backed out of hanging out on Sunday- I stayed through Sunday. Here's the thing, her sister had the baby on Saturday morning. She did family stuff for a while on Saturday, and we hung out in the evening with some friends of hers. I stayed at her place on Friday, but her father was going to be there Saturday evening, so her friend offered to let me sleep on her couch, which I thought was nice. I told Hien, though, that I didn't want to be in the way. I totally understood that having a child is the sort of thing that tends to bring about family time. I didn't want to interrupt family stuff, and was set to head back home to AA, but she said that it would be fine, I should stay, and we'd get together for lunch, and find some time to hang out and catch up in the afternoon. Okay, cool. So I stay. Well, she calls us up and suggests we meet up at 1:00 for lunch, okay, cool. Then she calls back a little while later, and says that something has come up, and she's not going to make lunch, but that we'll get together in the afternoon. Okay, fine. Then she calls back at, like, 4:30 or 5:00, and says that she's just not going to be able to get together at all. No explanation as to why, not that it's any of my business, but given that I'd driven over 3 hours to come visit her, I felt like it wouldn't have hurt to give me at least *some* explanation as to what was going on. Also, like I said, I could have just gone home on Saturday. Oh well.

Then, I get back here, and A is acting weird. We're talking yesterday and she accuses me of cheating on her. Now, I've never denied that I'm attracted to Hien, but I've never cheated on a girlfriend, and have no intention of starting now.

It's shaping up to be a lovely week, already. =/
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2006

Hrm, sounds like a bit of an awkward situation. Worlds colliding, and all that. Such things can be difficult to deal with...

Pizzaria Uno is the one that has full tomato slices instead of a sauce, right? I don't like that style, though I haven't tried it in years...

I agree about Clerks II. Did I already mention this below? I don't remember and I don't feel like looking it up:P But yeah, funny as hell, and while a couple of the scenes had a strange tone, I think it worked well in aggregate. For instance, the actual mechanics of the way the jailhouse scene went down were a little strange, but I love the end result. Also, for such a schmo, Dante sure seems to be able to attract the ladies (I mean, come on, both Clerks movies feature Dante stuck between two women who love him). Anyway, yeah, I liked the dancing scene too. Perhaps more because of the bouncing (*ahem*) than anything else, but it was still a nice scene that you don't typically get in raunchy comedies. I have to say, bouncing boobies aside, my opinion of Rosario Dawson skyrocketed because of this movie. I never really noticed her before, but she's a good actress (and you can kinda tell she's the professional one, whereas the other guys aren't - though they do an admirable job) and apparently quite the geek in real life. It's funny, this movie has some flaws, but they're... endearing. They really don't detract from the movie. I say kudos to Smith.

I've never been accused of cheating, so I should probably keep my mouth shut, but if I was falsely accused, I wouldn't worry that much about it. I would know that I hadn't done anything wrong, you know? But then, I guess the lack of trust would get to me. I'd have to talk that out. But that's just me, and I know... well, not much about relationships:P

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2006

I was pretty sure you mentioned Clerks II somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Oh well.

When I went to Pizzaria Uno, I just got a small Pepperoni deep dish. The sauce did have chunks of tomato in it, but it wasn't full slices, and it was definitely a sauce. Apparently you can get half-cooked pizzas at the grocery store, and cook them yourself, and they actually come from the restaurants, not from a factory (or so they claim. The dirty liars). I thought it was pretty darn good. I think I'd like a slightly different mixture of cheeses more- the cheese end up really being very runny when it got me, because, of course, there was a lot of it, and it was hot as hell, but I like it more when the cheese ends up really stringy and kind of chewy. I'm not describing this well. You know when you cook lasagna that has cheese on it, how it usually ends up with the cheese turning kind of golden in spots, and when you cut out a slice, the cheese is very soft, and stringy, but not like a liquid? That's how I like my pizza cheese. Anyway. It was good.

And, yes. Rosario Dawson's dancing was rather... bouncy. Which, you know, was fine.

Yeah, the being accused of cheating thing is a little weird. I've been cheated on. It sucks. The trust thing is a big problem, though. Especially since things have been sort of rocky, and we're trying to work on it and get things working right again. I'm not sure how to take an accusation like that, because I've never had anyone accuse me of cheating before. I was mostly shocked and disappointed.

Oh, and continuing my awesome week: I drove by not one, but two exchanges I ought to have taken on my way to work today, and ended up in the kind-of-shitty-but-not-as-bad-as-it-gets-but-still-worse-than-I-want-to-be-in part of Detroit. Awesome. =P
    I was driving, and knew that my exchange was coming up, so I got in the right lane. A minute or two later, I kind of look down at the expressway as I drove over it and thought to myself "Huh. There goes the expressway I'm supposed to be on. That sucks."Whoops.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2006

In Philadelphia, there's a highway called 676. It's one of the few that goes east-west through the city, so going to certain areas of the city almost always include 676 (unless you know all the back roads). Anyway, one of the common destinations in Philly is called "Old City" and it's all the way to the east of the city, close to the Delaware river. Anyway, the entrances and exits on 676 are really confusing, so it's easy to get on going the wrong direction. The problem is, since you're so close to the river, if you go the wrong direction you end up going over the bridge to New Jersey. And then you end up in Camden. If that name doesn't ring a bell, it's one of the worst towns in the country. Take my word for it. Not pleasant.

Hmmm, that was a long description for not so much of a payoff. Sorry.

~tallman