Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2006 edited

Sweet! That was a very easy upgrade process. So far. It appears that none of the extensions (like whispering, etc...) survived. I'm going to need to install a bunch of new extensions, so it may be a while before things are back to normal.

The whole template/style framework has changed too, so you'll all be seeing the default vanilla style until I get some other ones installed.

Anywho, in the meantime, the forum should work fine, so post away:)

~tallman
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2006 edited

Ok, some functionality has been restored. Things I still need to do:

• Get the Kaedrin Masthead installed. Last time, I had to write an extension to do that, but I believe the new framework allows a much easier way to do so.
    • Get some other styles installed. I tried to install the dirt and sky styles, but they didn't work (they were made for the old version forum).
    • Find a new version of the whisper extension. For some reason, it doesn't seem to be available right now...
    • Go to sleep

That's all for now. Hopefully, the "remember login" checkbox will now work. I guess we'll find out...

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2006

Curse you, dirt.

I was slightly confused for a moment when the substantially... lighter "vanilla" scheme popped up. I kind of like it, though. Except that some of the boxes really do remind me of vanilla. I like vanilla. I don't have anything with vanilla flavor right now, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2006

Ok, got the masthead working, but have not yet gotten any additional styles set up. I started a Kaedrin style (based on the previous incarnation of the forum), but the new layout (which looks very similar to the old, but is apparently very different from a CSS standpoint) is proving challenging...

~tallman