Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2006

So, I just got back from camping in Manistee National Park (on the western side of Michigan, on the shore of Lake Michigan).

It was great fun. I can only take about 4 to 5 days of camping- I like things like running water. Anyway, it was a blast.

Day 1 - Drive out there (four hours), set up camp. Two friends are already there, and I drove out one other. Realize that the tent is missing four pieces. Use twine to hold tent up. Spend the rest of the day at the beach, get minor sunburn on shoulders, but otherwise okay. Spend the majority of the night drinking heavily. Old Crow is not your friend, by the way. Nasty, nasty stuff.

Day 2 - Wake up, have lunch, spend the early part of the day reading and milling about. Played games much of the afternoon, went to the beach for a little while, had dinner, joked and hung out by the fire.

Day 3 - Played games and read in the early part of the day. Went down to the beach in the late afternoon, hung out at the beach until after dark playing frisbee and fooling around in the water. Brent and I are big Venture Bros. fans, and we amused ourselves into a fit by getting up on each others shoulders, waving our arms and chanting "Mecha-Shiva! Mech-Shiva!" repeatedly. I don't think anybody else got it.

Day 4 - Pack up, head home. Stopped for pizza. We must have smelled terrible by this point, having spent the last three days without a shower, and hanging out around a campfire. It tasted delicious.

In other news-

A and I are trying to work things out, because we missed each other.

Stray Dog is a fantastic movie. It shows you, Kurosawa can do more than just Samurai flicks.

That is all.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2006

Ah ha! See, aren't you glad I didn't badmouth your girlfriend:P

Camping is a lot of fun, but I haven't gone camping in a long, long time. Also, 4 days is a bit long. Usually I do it for two days at most. Except for that time I went cross country. Then I camped for 3 weeks. But every once in a while, we were able to shower and whatnot. Not a good shower, mind you, but I got clean, which is all you can ask from a coin-operated shower I guess... Still, that was worth it... it was a great experience...

Actually, aside from Seven Samurai, I'm dreadfully unfamiliar with Kurosawa's work. I shall have to remedy that at some point...

Mecha-Shiva! I watched the entire first season DVDs in like, 2 days. Good stuff:)

~tallman
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2006

You should definitely check out more of his stuff. I can't praise Rashomon enough, for example.

Yeah, the showers are really what kills me about camping. Carrie brought a shower bag thing that we filled with water and let get hot, so we could sort of clean ourselves off, which helped. It meant that I got to wash my hair at least once during the trip. I can't imagine camping for three weeks, though. That's a long time.

Heh. Yeah. I have a couple of friends who mentioned that they were glad she and I had broken up. I haven't mentioned to them yet that we're trying to work things out. It's definitely a bit awkward. Oh well.