Kaedrin
You are here: Kaedrin > Forum
Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now. If you would really like to post before I approve your membership, you can sign in with the username "guest" and the password "guest".

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2006

I hate it when I'm driving up the expressway, doing 70 or 80 mph, and the road is clear in front of me, and a semi will pull into my lane.

Wtf, buddy?

In Michigan, the speed limit for trucks is 55. That means that I have to slow from 70+ to 55. It pisses me off, to no end. Especially because they do it, and then slooooowly pass one truck, and merge back in. Seriously, just stay in the stupid lane. Why are you worried about passing a truck that's going 1 mph slower than you? Or, if you're really set on changing lanes, why not wait until I'm past you, since there aren't any cars for like a mile behind me?

Man. I hate that. It's been happening to me quite a bit lately, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthortallman
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2006

Yeah, stupid truckers. They're no good. You know what else grinds my gears? When I'm filling out my timesheet (for vacations, we need to fill out a timesheet), one of the questions it asks is "Week Ending (Sunday):"

Huh? Weeks don't end on Sundays, they start on Sundays! What kinda whacked out system is this?

Also, why do I have to fill in the number of hours I took off in the "Hours Worked" column? Hello, I didn't work, that's why I'm filling out the timesheet!

Oh well, I guess it's not that bad. I got a note today informing me that i had over 180 hours of vacation time and that if I didn't use a portion of it by September, I would lose it... Luckily, I will be using a bunch this summer. So I'll probably end up with somewhere around 120 hours:) Ahhh, that bump to 3 weeks a year is really piling up... kinda nice, actually. I don't take many vacations, but I am enjoying this 4 day week thing (and next week I only have to work Wednesday and Thursday, score!)

~tallman

You know what really grinds my gears? When I can't find the droids I'm looking for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDyre
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2006 edited

You know what's fun? When someone says "you know what I hate?" to interject "black people" or "Jews, right?" before the person has a chance to continue, especially in public because then they'll deny it at the top of their lungs. (Or maybe I'm just a dick.)

I hate everyone else on the road. Actually, I enjoy driving when I'm not actually in the city I live in. No one knows how to drive here.
    • CommentAuthorSamael
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2006

Heh.
    I can see that being funny, but, then, I'm kind of a dick too.

The truck thing happened to me three times this morning, by the way.
    Three times.